Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 1158
Contacteer:

Re: Northern Dynasty Minerals - NAK

Bericht door Banner »

Business/Economy
Pebble mine critics say text messages reveal the state is helping the project. A state official says the texts have been misinterpreted.

pencil Author: Alex DeMarban clock Updated: 2 days ago calendar Published 2 days ago
Share on FacebookFacebook
Share on TwitterTwitter
Share via EmailEmail
Share on RedditReddit
Text messages and other public records released by the state to a conservation group appear to show the Dunleavy administration supporting the proposed Pebble mine’s efforts to secure a key construction permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, mine critics say.

SalmonState campaign strategist Lindsey Bloom said the documents her group received under a public records request show that the administration supports Pebble, though Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy has repeatedly declined to publicly express a position on the controversial project.

One of the texts SalmonState is concerned with includes a state official saying, “We can do this, but it will take the Corp supporting us, also. We can talk more, but I think (Pebble) is onto a good approach.”

The conservation group provided the records to news media last week. SalmonState received dozens of documents, including text conversations and meeting descriptions, Bloom said.

Dan Saddler, a spokesman with the state Department of Natural Resources, said the agency properly provided information about state laws and procedures at Pebble’s request.

“DNR has engaged with the Pebble project proponents just as it would with any potential project applicant in the regular course of the department’s operations,” Saddler said.

He said the released records have been misinterpreted, and that some people who don’t understand DNR processes might jump to false conclusions.

Pebble last week submitted the final report required for a Corps permit. Pebble must show the Corps how it will protect wetlands in the Bristol Bay region to offset damage from the mine. Experts have said the revised mitigation plan will require large amounts of state land, and will be difficult to achieve.

Alaska Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan, who oppose the mine, signed a letter on Tuesday to Northern Dynasty Minerals, parent company of mine developer Pebble Limited Partnership, asking the company to release the mitigation plan because much of the public has lost trust in the project’s plans.

“Releasing the mitigation plan will provide needed transparency about what is at stake with this project,” the letter said. “Alaskans deserve to know what Northern Dynasty proposes to do to compensate for Pebble’s impacts — including what would be required from the State of Alaska, the Alaska State Legislature, and others.”

A Corps spokesman has said the agency will release the plan once it is determined to “be compliant with applicable regulations.”

The state records released to SalmonState include a July 31 text from Sara Longan, a deputy commissioner of Natural Resources, to Kyle Moselle, head of the Alaska Office of Project Management and Permitting, revealing that Pebble’s vice president of permitting will soon be calling to share input on a recent meeting with the governor.

“There will be a big push for mitigation on state lands, as you know, and not much time to develop a ‘plan,’” Longan texted. “We can do this, but it will take the Corp supporting us, also. We can talk more, but I think (the Pebble Limited Partnership) is onto a good approach.”

[U.S. House committee seeks Pebble records, saying officials made misleading statements on mine’s size]

Longan did not return requests seeking comment for this article. Moselle referred questions to Saddler.

Saddler said that as a public agency, DNR must respond to people and groups seeking to use state resources such as Pebble. Pebble is expected to begin applying for state permits if the Corps issues a permit.

Saddler has previously said DNR officials have met four times with Pebble personnel at their request. Pebble needed to understand state laws and policies so they could meet minimum requirements to provide a revised plan to the Corps, Saddler said.

Saddler said Longan’s text has been taken out of context by critics of the mine.

Saddler provided the following explanations for Longan’s text:

• Longan knew Pebble faced a deadline, and there was “not much time” to educate project officials about state laws, Saddler said.

• A “big lift” meant the state had a big task to educate Pebble.

• “We can do this” expressed the agency’s confidence that the state can fulfill that educational task.

• “I think (Pebble) is onto a good approach” meant that Pebble is going down the right path by reaching out to the state to learn more about state laws and policies that can help protect wetlands.

The newly released records have added fuel to Pebble critics who argue that actions by Dunleavy and his administration, including a CNN report indicating he used of ghostwritten language from Pebble in letters to the Corps and potential Pebble investors last year, reveal his true stance.

SalmonState’s request for records came several days after the release of the so-called “Pebble Tapes” in September that revealed the now-former head of Pebble, Tom Collier, and Ronald Thiessen, president of Northern Dynasty, discussing the project’s ties with Dunleavy and others.

[Canadian company plans to resume exploration at Southeast Alaska mine site]

The taped meetings were secretly recorded in August and September and released by a conservation group that hired people to pose as potential Pebble investors.

In the tapes, Thiessen said Dunleavy “is very much onside with resource development, Pebble in particular.”

Collier said in the tapes that he had a “two-hour one-on-one meeting with the governor” to get his commitment about the mitigation plan, with the idea of creating a preserve in the Bristol Bay region on state land.

Now “we’re working with his Department of Natural Resources and they are being very cooperative in working this through with us,” Collier said in the tapes.

Dunleavy’s office and others discussed in the tapes, including Sullivan and Murkowski, have broadly dismissed the statements by the executives as false.

Mike Heatwole, a Pebble spokesman, said Pebble has met with DNR staff a handful of times “to clarify our understanding of state land management processes and regulations to make sure that anything we submit to the (Corps) is correct in describing those processes and regulations. They are the landowner and the experts on land protection mechanisms under state law.”

Bloom said the newly released records validate what Collier said in the tapes about close connections to the Dunleavy administration. They show the governor supports Pebble.

“Why is a Pebble employee relaying information about a governor’s meeting to staff at DNR, rather than the governor’s office (doing that),” Bloom said.

Dan Cheyette, vice president of lands for Bristol Bay Native Corp., which opposes Pebble, said the texts and other records show the Dunleavy administration is not neutral on the mine.

“His administration continues in complete lockstep with (Pebble Limited) and is trying to advance the project for a Corps permit,” he said.
Droopymaes liked last!
ROA

Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
Contacteer:

Bericht door Banner »

It ain’t over yet!!!

PEBBLE MINE PERMIT DENIED, CONSERVATIONISTS SEEK TO BURY IT FOREVER
Sam Lungren
SAM LUNGREN
Nov 25, 2020
The fiercely contested Pebble Mine will not receive a critical federal permit, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced on Wednesday. This action likely strikes a death blow to the contentious copper and gold project proposed for the Bristol Bay region of Southwest Alaska, but conservationists have vowed to make sure it never rises again.

“USACE determined that the applicant’s plan for the discharge of fill material does not comply with Clean Water Act guidelines and concluded that the proposed project is contrary to the public interest,” the federal agency stated. “This action is based on all available facts and complies with existing laws and regulations. It reflects a regulatory process that is fair, flexible and balanced. USACE is committed to maintaining and restoring the nation’s aquatic resources, while allowing reasonable development.”

Announced shortly after the stock market closed on short day of trading, this permit denial formally prevents the Pebble Partnership and its parent Northern Dynasty Minerals from moving forward on the project at the headwaters of the Kvichak and Nushagak rivers that they have pursued for two decades. Opposition to their plans has unified hunters, anglers, conservationists, environmentalists, tribes, commercial fishermen, and Americans across the political spectrum, with even Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson publicly declaring their dissent.

Shop MeatEater Black Friday Sale Now
In late August, the Army Corps rejected the Pebble Partnership’s first dredge-and-fill application under the Clean Water Act, citing major concerns that the project “would likely result in significant degradation of the environment and would likely result in significant adverse effects on the aquatic system or human environment.” The developers had 90 days to address those concerns and submit a new, better plan.

However, in the meantime, the nonprofit Environmental Investigations Agency caught Ronald Thiessen and Tom Collier, CEOs of Northern Dynasty and Pebble Partnership respectively, on camera contradicting their congressional testimony and official permit plans. While they had publicly promised that the mine would only last about 20 years and create a minimal footprint, to investigators posing as investors they described a wildly different scenario in which the mine would last more like 200 years and sprawl out into a massive mining district covering much of western Alaska—most of which remains untrammeled wilderness. They also bragged about their influence and pull with the Army Corps, Alaska Sens. Murkowski and Sullivan, Alaska Gov. Dunleavy, and even President Trump. Collier resigned in the wake of the Pebble Tapes release.

While conservationists are overjoyed by this news, many have committed to continue fighting until mining is permanently banned in this wild, pristine location.

“Sometimes a project is so bad, so indefensible, that the politics fall to the wayside and we get the right decision. That is what happened today,” said Tim Bristol, executive director of SalmonState. “But denial of a permit does not mean Bristol Bay is safe from the threat of the Pebble Mine. The critical next step is to reestablish the Clean Water Act protections for America’s greatest salmon fishery—protections that should have never been done away with in the first place. This can and should be an early priority for the Biden Administration.”

In 2014, the Obama Administration’s EPA released a damning assessment of potential mining impacts on salmon ecosystems in Bristol Bay. The analysis recommended a permanent veto of the project under section 404(c) of the Clean Water Act. The Trump Administration undid that finding but declined to repeal the assessment altogether. The current EPA and Army Corps allowed Pebble to proceed all the way to the final lynchpin permit, then rejected their application.

Ariel Wittenberg, a reporter for E&E News covering Pebble, tweeted an important reminder: “An Army Corps permit denial is not the same as an EPA veto. It is more easily reversed, if the project changes in anyway they can reapply etc.”

The conservation community has signaled their commitment to maintain the drumbeat demanding permanent protection of Bristol Bay.

“The Corps’ denial of the permit for the Pebble Mine is a victory for common sense,” said Chris Wood, president and CEO of Trout Unlimited. “Bristol Bay is the wrong place for industrial-scale mining, and we look forward to working with the people of the Bristol Bay region, Alaska’s Congressional delegation, the state, and other partners to permanently protect Bristol Bay and its world class fisheries.”

Miles Nolte, MeatEater’s director of fishing, co-host of the Bent Podcast, and a former Bristol Bay-area fly fishing guide, joined the chorus showing optimism for the future of southwest Alaska.

“This can only be hailed as an excellent reason to give thanks at a time when we are all looking for ways to express gratitude,” he said. “This was the wrong mine in the wrong place, and I could not be happier to finally see this 15-year effort come to an end. I hope this means that those fisheries and that ecosystem can remain as healthy and productive generations from now as they are today.”
jack. liked last!
ROA

Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
Contacteer:

Bericht door Banner »

Business Wire
EQUITY ALERT: Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. – NAK
Fri, November 27, 2020, 6:08 PM GMT+1·2 min read

NAK
-5.2697%

Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces an investigation of potential securities claims on behalf of shareholders of Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NYSE: NAK) resulting from allegations that Northern Dynasty may have issued materially misleading business information to the investing public.

On November 25, 2020, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers issued a record of decision denying Northern Dynasty’s application for permits relating to the Pebble project, a proposed mine in southwestern Alaska. The regulator determined that the "compensatory mitigation plan" as submitted earlier this month was "non-compliant," and that the project was "not in the public interest."

Scroll to continue with contentAd

Full lease, totale rust: UX 250h vanaf €485/maand.
Lexus
Full lease, totale rust: UX 250h vanaf €485/maand.
Rij 100% zen met een 100% hybride compacte cross-over. Ontdek de Lexus UX 250h, vanaf €485/maand BTWe. Enkel tanken moet u zelf nog doen.
MEER INFO
On this news, Northern Dynasty’s stock price fell $0.40 per share, or 50%, to close at $0.40 per share on November 25, 2020.

Rosen Law Firm is preparing a securities lawsuit on behalf of Northern Dynasty shareholders. If you purchased securities of Northern Dynasty please visit the firm’s website at http://www.rosenlegal.com/cases-register-1996.html to join the securities action. You may also contact Phillip Kim of Rosen Law Firm toll free at 866-767-3653 or via email at pkim@rosenlegal.com or cases@rosenlegal.com.

Follow us for updates on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-rosen-law-firm or on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rosen_firm or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rosenlawfirm.

Rosen Law Firm represents investors throughout the globe, concentrating its practice in securities class actions and shareholder derivative litigation. Rosen Law Firm was Ranked No. 1 by ISS Securities Class Action Services for number of securities class action settlements in 2017. The firm has been ranked in the top 3 each year since 2013. Rosen Law Firm has achieved the largest ever securities class action settlement against a Chinese Company. Rosen Law Firm’s attorneys are ranked and recognized by numerous independent and respected sources. Rosen Law Firm has secured hundreds of millions of dollars for investors.
jack. liked last!
ROA

Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
Contacteer:

Bericht door Banner »

Finance
Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK) Getting Ready To Soar After Sharp Fall Amid Copper Mining Not Allowed In Alaska
November 26, 2020 Richard McEntire mining stock, nak
NAK’s shareholders got a nightmare yesterday as the stock plummeted 50.11% on 195,196,938 shares. Then after hours, they got a little trouble as well when the shares dropped 1.02% to $0.3960 which can be a bottom and trampoline to skyrocket again even Northern Dynasty Minerals gets rejected by the U.S to mine the copper in Alaska.

Exploring and processing the copper can lead to relaxed revenue generation but considering the lands of lithium to mine and supply EV manufacturing giants could aggressively push the revenue to rocket even 10 times. Eventually, the shares will jump higher than anticipated forecasts.

Maybe partnering with battery manufacturers can make Northern Dynasty Minerals earn cash in advance from external stakeholders like investors and lenders. Only initiative managers are able to do this. The shareholders need to wait for decisive movements of the company’s top men. Smart traders are waiting for the bottom price by prepping their cash to buy millions of penny NAK shares.
Droopymaes liked last!
ROA

WieWeet
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 141
Contacteer:

Bericht door WieWeet »

Banner schreef:
26 nov 2020 07:14
Yahoo Finance
Bloomberg
U.S. Rejects Controversial Alaska Pebble Gold, Copper Mine
Jennifer A. Dlouhy and Steven Frank
Thu, November 26, 2020, 1:00 AM GMT+1·4 min read

(Bloomberg) -- The Pebble mine in Alaska was dealt a potentially lethal blow after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers rejected an essential permit for the project.

The proposed mine in southwestern Alaska, which would tap one of the world’s largest undeveloped copper and gold deposits, has been dogged by protests for years, as conservationists warn industrial mining operations near Bristol Bay threaten a flourishing sockeye salmon fishery.

The Army Corps issued a record of decision Wednesday denying Pebble’s permit, after determining the project “is contrary to the public interest,” said Col. Damon Delarosa, the agency’s Alaska district commander.

In August, the Army Corps concluded the mining plan from Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. “would likely result in significant degradation of the environment,” and the agency demanded a mitigation plan to offset the project’s effects on nearby wetlands. Northern Dynasty’s subsidiary Pebble Limited Partnership submitted the mitigation plan earlier this month, though the details weren’t released to the public.

Northern Dynasty called the decision “politically motivated” and said it was not supported by the Corps’ recently released environmental impact statement. The company said it intends to launch an appeal within 60 days. Developers also could challenge the rejection in federal court.

Delarosa said the Army Corps’ decision was “based on all available facts and complies with existing laws and regulations,” following “an in-depth analysis” of the project and roughly three years of review.

Pebble is in a remote area in southwestern Alaska that drains into Bristol Bay. Conservationists, local activists and fishing operations have fought the project for years, citing potential impacts on the environment and native cultures in the region. More recently, Pebble has drawn opposition from prominent Republicans including the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr. and skepticism from some prominent local politicians.

The decision was heralded by Alaska’s two Republican senators, Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan. “This is the right decision, reached the right way,” Murkowski said in an emailed statement. “It will help ensure the continued protection of an irreplaceable resource – Bristol Bay’s world-class salmon fishery – and I hope it also marks the start of a more collaborative effort within the state to develop a sustainable vision for the region.”

But there were also voices in opposition. “Canceling Pebble Mine is disastrous for the unemployed and destitute people in southwest Alaska who need the high-paying jobs and economic activity the mine would provide for many decades,” said Myron Ebell, director of the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Center for Energy and Environment. Alaska “urgently needs to diversify its economy away from oil and gas production. Canceling Pebble means that many other potential mining projects in Alaska will never be attempted,” he said.

If developed, the mine would be one of the largest producers of both copper and gold in the U.S., according to a recent presentation by Northern Dynasty, potentially producing an average of about 318 million pounds of copper, 1.8 million ounces of silver and 362,000 ounces of gold annually over a 20-year mine life.

Tim Bristol, executive director of SalmonState, a group dedicated to protecting Alaska’s salmon habitat, heralded the move Wednesday.

“Sometimes a project is so bad, so indefensible, that the politics fall to the wayside and we get the right decision,” Bristol said.

Northern Dynasty’s U.S. shares plunged 50% in New York, more than erasing its entire gain this year.

“How many other projects are strongly opposed by both Alaskan senators, by 80% of the people that live in the region, by commercial fishermen, by recreational fishermen, by Donald Trump Jr., and by Jane Fonda?” said Joel Reynolds, a senior attorney with the Natural Resources Defense Council. “It’s astonishing the range of opposition, and that, I think, puts it in a unique category. This project really has no friends, other than a Canadian company and its shareholders.”

Pebble Tapes

The project took a further public-relations blow in September after the release of covertly taped comments revealed a top mining executive boasting of his ties to state and federal leaders. The so-called Pebble Tapes incensed the project’s critics and led to the resignation of Pebble head Tom Collier.

Regardless of the Army Corps’ verdict, conservationists are pressing the Environmental Protection Agency to even more definitively kill the proposed mine by wielding its broad authority under the Clean Water Act to veto projects involving the discharge of dredged material. President-elect Joe Biden has promised to block the project, calling the area “no place for a mine” and noting the government reached the same conclusion while he was vice president.

“The Biden administration should take the next step and use the Clean Water Act to place permanent limits on mining in Bristol Bay to protect the salmon fishery and the communities that depend on it,” Bonnie Gestring, Northwest program director of environmental group Earthworks, said in a statement.
Maargoed is maar een gedeelte waar NAK uit bestaat, dus wat is het verlies, er werdt nog niet ontgonnen, overtrokken reactie.
Zal in het weekend nog wel bijdraaien.
De Class action boys staan ook weer klaar, maargoed heb ze voor 0,36 ct, en zie een dikke TA Gap bij de 1,45 dus een dollar moet te halen zijn.
Laat de 50% fib nou bijna daar liggen op 1,42, toevallig :lol:
Denk ook dat dit de laatste elliote wave 5 is, dus we wacchten eens de ontwikkelinge af ;)
Banner liked last!

WieWeet
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 141
Contacteer:

Bericht door WieWeet »

Even een stukje TA waarom ik al wat ingekocht heb, buiten de emotie om.
Heb de punten omcirkeld in de indicatoren die voor mij een koop signaal geven.
Ik zie ook een dikke TA Gap bij de 1,45, dus een dollar moet te halen zijn, toevallig nabij de 50% Fib.
Denk ook dat dit de laatste elliote wave 5 is, dus we wachten eens de ontwikkeling af.
Naamloos.png
U kunt zich hier registreren waarna u de bijlage kunt bekijken.
Droopymaes liked last!

Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
Contacteer:

Bericht door Banner »

Look at this!!!

Finance
Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK) Getting Ready To Soar After Sharp Fall Amid Copper Mining Not Allowed In Alaska
November 26, 2020 Richard McEntire mining stock, nak
NAK’s shareholders got a nightmare yesterday as the stock plummeted 50.11% on 195,196,938 shares. Then after hours, they got a little trouble as well when the shares dropped 1.02% to $0.3960 which can be a bottom and trampoline to skyrocket again even Northern Dynasty Minerals gets rejected by the U.S to mine the copper in Alaska.

Exploring and processing the copper can lead to relaxed revenue generation but considering the lands of lithium to mine and supply EV manufacturing giants could aggressively push the revenue to rocket even 10 times. Eventually, the shares will jump higher than anticipated forecasts.

Maybe partnering with battery manufacturers can make Northern Dynasty Minerals earn cash in advance from external stakeholders like investors and lenders. Only initiative managers are able to do this. The shareholders need to wait for decisive movements of the company’s top men. Smart traders are waiting for the bottom price by prepping their cash to buy millions of penny NAK shares.
WieWeet liked last!
ROA

Banner
Premiummember
Premiummember
Contacteer:

Bericht door Banner »

Aandeel NORTHERN DYNASTY MINERALS LTD. TSE:NDM1, CA66510M2040
Laatste koers (cad)
27-nov-2020 22:14:54
Verschil
+0,025 (+5,49%)
Dagrange 0,460 - 0,510
Volume
WieWeet liked last!
ROA

Deelnemen aan het forum + meer functies?

Deel kennis en vragen met duizenden beleggers,
minder advertenties, ideaal voor smartphone, betere
gebruikservaring en gratis abonneren op favoriete
onderwerpen. Registreer binnen 1 minuut!

Plaats reactie