Forum veteraan
waarderingen: 856
Contacteer:

Re: Northern Dynasty Minerals - NAK

Bericht door ancaoli »

Phil schreef:
26 aug 2020 19:00
Getwijfeld en trekker niet overgehaald ....jammer
Hetzelfde voor mij; eergisteren op 1 cent gemist, en gisteren mijn order aan 0,64 uiteindelijk toch geannuleerd :oops:
Vaste Portefeuille:Gala, Recticel, WRN, Accentis, Global G, Roularta, Argenx, Agfa, Ontex, OCI, Sorrento, Inventiva

Volg Beursig.com op Twitter en Facebook

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
waarderingen: 641
Contacteer:

Bericht door Munnybunny »

Former Trump Advisor Urges The President To Kill Thousands Of Jobs

Shortly after President Trump took office, his Environmental Protection Agency undid the Obama administration’s unprecedented decision, issued by then-EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, to preemptively veto the mining of Pebble deposit. Pebble deposit, located on state land in southwest Alaska, holds an estimated $400 billion worth of gold, copper, molybdenum, and rhenium, a critical mineral used in military aircraft.

Back in 2014, the Obama EPA took the unusual step of preemptively rejecting Pebble Mine, which estimates show would generate more than 16,000 jobs, and they did so before Pebble Limited Partnership, the group seeking to develop the deposit, had even submitted an application for permit. The Obama administration’s decision to keep these precious minerals in the ground was great news for Chinese competitors. President Trump’s reversal of Obama’s block was viewed as one of the many beneficial policy shifts to spring from Trump’s surprise triumph over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

In good faith, Pebble worked diligently with federal agencies in a multi-year process to complete perhaps the most extensive environmental impact study to date. After making significant revisions and accommodations, Pebble received good news when on July 24 the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers published the Final Environmental Impact Statement noting the project would cause “no measurable change in the number of returning salmon” and would not cause “long term changes to the health of the commercial fisheries in Bristol Bay.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgle ... e3f6a85679
Droopymaes liked last!

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
Contacteer:

The Alaska Pebble Mine Project Has Been Held Up for Years. Science, Not Politics, Should Guide the Approval Process.

Nicolas Loris
17 hours ago

The Army Corps of Engineers is requiring the developers of the proposed Pebble Mine to submit additional plans to mitigate environmental impact. The proposal process has become highly politicized, with politicians, organizations, and celebrities opposing the mine. Pictured: The village of Newhalen, located about 20 miles from the proposed Pebble Mine site. (Photo: Luis Sinco/Los Angeles Times/Getty Images)
A more-than-a-decade’s long battle over a proposed copper and gold mine in Alaska took another turn recently as the Army Corps of Engineers pressed pause on a permit for the project to move forward.

The Army Corps’ letter to Pebble Limited Partnership did not kill the project, but requires additional mitigation plans for open waters, wetlands, and streams. With a number of high-profile politicians, organizations, and celebrities opposing the mine, it is critical that sound, objective science guide the permitting process.

A bit of backstory is in order. Located in southwest Alaska, Pebble Mine has an abundance of gold, copper, and molybdenum. It is home to at least 70 known occurrences of rare earth elements, which are critical for numerous industries, from cellphones to electric batteries to military weapons.

Opponents argue that the mine and transportation routes would threaten nearby Bristol Bay, which is home to the world’s largest commercial sockeye salmon fishery and is important for subsistence fishing and a popular spot for fishing trips.

On the other hand, the developers argue that the on-site water will be managed and treated, and through mitigation plans, “managed water will account for only a hundredth of a percent of the water which flows into Bristol Bay.”

They liken the development to the Gibraltar copper mine near Williams Lake, the fourth-largest mine in North America, which treats the water carefully enough that fish live in the seepage pools.

In 2014, the Obama administration prohibited the mining project from even submitting a permit by issuing a preemptive veto (the first ever under the Clean Water Act), citing ecological concerns.

However, the assessment was seriously flawed, as the Obama-era Army Corps made its determination based on an environmental analysis of a theoretical mine that would not come close to meeting state and federal standards for mining activities.

After a lot of back-and-forth and several lawsuits later, the Environmental Protection Agency’s regional administrator announced the withdrawal of the 2014 proposed determination, and a return to the established process to approve or reject the permit application through an environmental impact assessment.

In conducting its environmental review, the Army Corps concluded that the project “would not be expected to have a measurable effect on fish numbers and result in long-term changes to the health of the commercial fisheries in Bristol Bay.”

However, in a letter to the company, the Alaska District of the Army Corps asserted that “factual determinations that discharges at the mine site would cause unavoidable adverse impacts to aquatic resources and, preliminarily, that those adverse impacts would result in significant degradation to those aquatic resources.”

Its determination finds that the project would directly and indirectly impact about 3,285 acres of wetlands, 364 acres of open waters, and 185 miles of streams from the mine site and transportation corridors. Consequently, it concluded that the project cannot be permitted as currently proposed. Pebble Limited Partnership has 90 days to submit a plan that would sufficiently mitigate these impacts.

Policymakers, developers, and the general public should want objective, transparent science and analysis to guide an environmental assessment.

Alaskans, in particular, whose communities are affected by the decision, should undoubtedly have their voices heard. They are the ones who have the most to gain when natural resources are managed properly, allowing all to benefit from increased economic activity.

They also have the most to lose as a result of mismanagement.

At the same time, factually incorrect statements and mischaracterization of risk can mislead the public. Simply put, the Army Corps should conduct an objective assessment when making a determination to approve or deny the permit.

Alaskans have long understood that energy development, tourism, commercial fishing, the interest of indigenous communities, and ecological protection can all co-exist. However, Pebble Mine is putting that harmonization of economic development and environmental protection to the test.

Rigorous permitting processes are put in place for a reason, and companies have a strong financial and public image incentive to safely operate. Facts and data, not science by politics, should drive Army Corps’ permitting decisions. Pebble should be no different.

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
Contacteer:

Posted byu/pxrage
10 hours ago
some actual, real DD on NAK

this isn't to restart a flame war like the other thread, this is my attempt as a real NAK/pebble supporter (first purchased nak in 2016) to explain what "compensatory mitigation" and "pebble being blocked" really mean.

to the moderators, please help me make this thread into a civil discussion. i'm not here to promote NAK, but instead i want to help explain the truth to potential buyers.

So by now those of you who've been following nak has heard of the recent article published by Politico on nak, with the headline "Trump set to block controversial Alaska gold mine". You can read the full article here if you haven't done so.

Besides the controversial headline, Politico backed up its claims by claiming ACoE would hold a conference call this past Monday to discuss what's being written in the article, which was that the Trump administration was planning to "block" the mine proposal.

The article quoted Andy Sabin, a GOP insider, while brushing aside the fact that Mr Sabin is the owner/chairperson of Sabin Metal Corp, a company that recovers and refines precious metals such as gold and rhenium.

Bad journalism aside, we now know for a fact that the monday conference call by Trump to publicly oppose pebble mine was a complete farce.

I won't play into conspiracy theories, but if Politico's source is Mr Sabin, then I recommend SEC to seriously take a close look at what transpired here.

Let's turn our attention to what's actually outlined in the article.. the core of the reason that Politico stated that Pebble will be blocked is something called "compensatory mitigation". The article frames it as a complete show stopper and will indefinitely delay the project until this significant issue is fixed.

so what exactly is "compensatory mitigation"?

If you dig through the EIS, until Appendix M - Mitigations, and then on Page 37 of 438, you'd find two paragraphs outlining exactly what it is.

Here it is for you in picture format: https://imgur.com/a/mCjcFMy

in about 450 words, the two paragraph outlines the need to set up compensation to the state incase of permanent and unavoidable impact on the watershed. The total area of expected impacted area is 2,227 acres.

I'm pretty bad at math, so bear with me. Bristol Bay is about 2,300 KM2 which is about 568,342 acres of land. (2227/568342)*100 = 0.4% of Bristol Bay, and even smaller over the state of Alaska.

Essentially, the section states that, NAK needs to set up a bank account to pay damage to the states if and when these damages happen during the operation of the mine.

This section was publicly disclosed at end of July, NAK should have known about this section (confirmed by Ron thiessen) that they had 6-7 weeks of lead time to start doing their own research and planning. They're well within their timing to complete the mitigation proposal on-time.

So, for an article to pick out this specific subsection of the EIS, and make it into a complete show stopper, that it is the reason why the administration is rejecting the mine.. completely blows my mind. This is a tiny piece of the puzzle in the approval process.

Look, NAK is going to finish the day with about 150M volume on NYSE and TSX, probably wipe out Tuesday's loss completely. We're the second most traded ticker today. I won't make speculations, all I want to say is, read up yourself and figure it out.

Bristol bay is whatever somebody wants to outline or call it depending on what suits them, but the Wetlands and related land is what we are talking about, not bristol bay which is 100 miles away. In fact, where the company's property is, and where the Pebble Deposit is, there are MILLIONS OF acres of land and wetlands within a radius of 30 miles extending outwards....they have to watch over, (mitigate) perhaps 1/10,000th of the available acreage. Basically, survey 3000 acres and set it aside , whatever that means, e.g. hire a night watchman to patrol (?) with insect repellent and a flashlight in a couple years, part time, periodically check the cleanliness of the area. It is a no brainer that the company will far exceed in its mitigation plan, what the ARMY Corops is requiring, probably by 300 or 400 percent...

And just so you guys know, in EVERY SINGLE MINE APPLICATION IN AMERICA FOR THE PAST 30 years...........in every single one, no exceptions, there has been outrage from the Left about "habitat destruction."

In every single ROD in america the past 30 years in every oil and gas development or well drill, without exception, every single one, the Left has gone bonkers crazy against it on account of environment destruction.

No exceptions to the above, does not matter if it is a moly mine, a uranium mine, gold copper lead zinc tin magnesium silver lead, tungsten, palladium, platinum, iron ore cobalt nickle aluminium scandium, yttrium, lanthanum bismuth tantalum, cobalt, bismuth, cadmium, titanium, zirconium, antimony, manganese, beryllium, chromium, germanium, vanadium, gallium, hafnium, indium, niobium, rhenium, and thallium........

In fact, as you sit at your computer right now, in your rooms, on your deck or porch if it is a laptop, every single kind of metal you see around you.........or if you get in a car and drive or on an airplane, go inside a building train, subway, in a shop or store...

and in all these places, you will find metals, and EVERY SINGLE OUNCE OF THESE METALS THE LEFT HAS FOUGHT AGAINST YOU SEEING, OWNING OR USING OR GETTING....every single one of them in the world around you, there was a major fight against you getting them by the LEFT...the past 30 years, as it has gotten stronger.....

Let me give one example, there are rare copper and uranium deposits, very strange ones, and one of them (actual 2) are located in arizona. I won't name the companies, they are small and do not want to mention them, suffice to say that NAK has more copper in its little finger than both combined....but I was involved as a shareholder in one during the ROC permit process, the deposit being outside a tiny town, and the thing about these rare deposits is that they do not dig a hole at all, they just install pipes 300 feet down or 400 feet down and they push down a solution and actually bring up the copper in a sludge like stew, and then separate it and process it. They have some of these "water table deposits" in Australia....Except for seeing some knee high pipes in the ground the size of 3 football fields, you would never even know there is a mine there......this is the cleanest and rarest form of mining on earth.....

and guess what, during the permitting process this company has some open air meetings in this tiny town, to tell everything how it is gonna work, this "experiental" technique, and about 14 citizens from the town show up, which is in the desert, and about 30 people from 400 to 1000 miles away show up from all these leftist groups, half of whom refuse to identify themselves, complete with some leftist media...and they do their dog and pony show, incredibly the organized left, and there were actually 5 identified groups, and they just give their warriors some crazy talking points, put them on a plane for the desert and bring their media and camera crews, and the next day the little town paper is completely overwhelmed by these thugs...

The LFFT has all of this down to a T, complete with intimidating politicians with their numbers and money.

PS: the company got its positive ROD but yes, like very other ROD issued the past 30 years, they had a mitigation plan they had to put into effect....(they had to do some repiping and some more wells had to be dug, and new acreage had to "watched over" by the company, etc...
Droopymaes liked last!

Droopymaes
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 306
Contacteer:

Bericht door Droopymaes »

Munnybunny schreef:
26 aug 2020 17:13
Droopymaes schreef:
26 aug 2020 16:42
Munnybunny schreef:
26 aug 2020 16:13
40% 😺bounce bounce bounce
En ook leuke volumes :clap: !!
Het begint eindelijk bij de panikeurs door te dringen dat het artikel van Politico een hoop bullsh*t was. Er is een serieuze gap tot 1.50...

Go NAK! 📈
Mits je even niet op de chat bent, vraag ik het hier even:

Waarom denk jij dat er opeens zo een groot volume is?
* Enkel de bounce en FOMO?
* Grotere investeringsfirma's die inkopen wegens spotprijsje?
* Goed nieuws dat gelekt is, maar nog niet officieel bekend gemaakt?
* 1e instappen van firma die NAK wil overnemen en zodoende al een belangrijk % aandelen aan een goedkope prijs binnen heeft?

Grt

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
Contacteer:

Droopymaes schreef:
27 aug 2020 12:12
Munnybunny schreef:
26 aug 2020 17:13
Droopymaes schreef:
26 aug 2020 16:42
Munnybunny schreef:
26 aug 2020 16:13
40% 😺bounce bounce bounce
En ook leuke volumes :clap: !!
Het begint eindelijk bij de panikeurs door te dringen dat het artikel van Politico een hoop bullsh*t was. Er is een serieuze gap tot 1.50...

Go NAK! 📈
Mits je even niet op de chat bent, vraag ik het hier even:

Waarom denk jij dat er opeens zo een groot volume is?
* Enkel de bounce en FOMO?
* Grotere investeringsfirma's die inkopen wegens spotprijsje?
* Goed nieuws dat gelekt is, maar nog niet officieel bekend gemaakt?
* 1e instappen van firma die NAK wil overnemen en zodoende al een belangrijk % aandelen aan een goedkope prijs binnen heeft?

Grt
Het bruut geweld dat achter de koersmanipulatie zit, dat wss zijn shortposities gesloten heeft.

Phil
Forum actieveling
Forum actieveling
waarderingen: 109
Contacteer:

Bericht door Phil »

Executive Vice President, Corporate Development Adam “The Closer Chodos Provides Vote of Confidence with Northern Dynasty Share Purchase.

He was just hired last month by Northern Dynasty Minerals and is already putting his money where his negotiating mouth is and buying up shares of Northern Dynasty Minerals. Northern Dynasty Minerals announced his addition to the senior leadership team in a recent press release.
Adam 'The Closer' Chodos purchased 10,000 shares at $0.84 for a total cost of $8,400. It is always a good sign when a senior executive buys shares in the company. This sends a strong message to investors that Northern Dynasty… TELL A FRIEND, ''IF SENATOR DAN SULLIVAN'S (R-ALASKA) RUSH TO JUDGEMENT DOESN'T FIT, THE RECORD OF DECISION AND CONTAMINATED PROCESS IS NOT LEGIT' '

Adam “The Closer” Chodos purchased 10,000 shares at $0.84 for a total cost of $8,400. It is always a good sign when a senior executive buys shares in the company. This sends a strong message to investors that Northern Dynasty Minerals is well positioned for a bright future. If things were grim he probably wouldn’t have thrown good money after bad. Adam “The Closer” Chodos is the negotiator for deals with potential future partners or a buyout. He has the most amazing view of future prospects for Northern Dynasty Minerals. The fact that he made a sizable purchase speaks volumes of the company’s future prospects.
Executive Vice President of Corporate Development, Adam Chodos is an Expert in M&A, Partnerships, Negotiations, Valuation Analysis and Former Metals and Mining Investment Banker with J.P. Morgan.
Adam “The Closer” Chodos has a unique and specialized skill set along with connections in the mining and financing world that could enable him to single-handedly negotiate a partnership or buyout at a very favorable share price based on his previously demonstrated record of exceptional performance in mining industry M&A activity.

Is nu niet echt om over om naar huis te schrijven...
" The word crisis in Chinese is composed of two characters: the first, the symbool of danger .... the second, of opportunity"

Droopymaes
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 306
Contacteer:

Bericht door Droopymaes »

Phil schreef:
27 aug 2020 23:14

Is nu niet echt om over om naar huis te schrijven...
Dacht ik ook :roll:

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
Contacteer:

Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK) Stock Is Working On A Comeback
By Joshua Rodriguez - August 27, 20200
Northern Dynasty Minerals NAK Stock News

Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd (NYSEAMERICAN: NAK) is running for the top in the market this morning, following up on the strong gains that the stock saw yesterday. While we’ve seen strong gains in the past two trading sessions, there’s still plenty of room for gains in both the short and long run following what I believe to be a misleading report from Politico that sent the stock tumbling earlier this week. Here’s what’s going on:

Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!

Politico Post Sends NAK Stock Tumbling

Politico published an article over the weekend suggesting that the Trump Adminstration would soon block the Pebble Project. For those of you who haven’t been following the story, allow me to rewind a bit.

Northern Dynasty Minerals has been working for several years and spent more than a billion dollars in order to get the permits to build what is expected to be one of the world’s largest gold, copper, and silver mines in the world. Unfortunately, the deposit sits in the middle of what is known as home for the world’s largest sockeye salmon population.

For several years, the EPA has blocked the mine. However, a recent environmental impact statement from the United States Army Corps of Engineers concluded that the mine would have little to no impact on the surrounding environment.

Now, NAK needs the Trump Administration to sign off on Pebble to complete the permitting process. So, if Trump doesn’t sign off, the company will have spent years and over a billion dollars trying to bring a mine to fruition that simply won’t be built.

With the Politico report suggesting that the Trump Administration would shoot the company’s plans down, the stock timbled, loosing a significant portion of its value early this week.

Investors Are Starting To Realize That The Report Is Likely Wrong

The Politico report suggested that the Trump Administration would block the Pebble Project. However, when you really start to think about it, that doesn’t make any sense.

The Trump campaign that led to his election and his current campaign centers around United States production. The idea is to develop business in the United States to strengthen the United States economy.

With the United States Army Corps of Engineers suggesting that the mine will have little-to-no impact on the surrounding environment, Trump is actually highly likely to approve the Pebble Project. In fact, if Trump were to deny the request from NAK, it would go against everything he seems to stand for in his campaigns.

The Bottom Line

The bottom line is that while NAK has somewhat recovered from the Politico post, there’s still plenty of room for gains in the recovery, and I believe the recovery will happen. At the end of the day, the Trump Administration is likely to approve the project, and soon enough, investors will realize that. This means that the recovery is likely to continue. Moreover, the long run potential with NAK is hard to ignore.

Munnybunny
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
Contacteer:

August 28, 2020
Trump should allow resource development in Alaska's Pebble Mine
By Sandy Szwarc
After two and a half years of review, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Final Environmental Impact Statement was published in July. It determined that the Pebble Mine project can successfully meet strict federal regulatory and environmental standards and that the mining project would have no discernable impact on returning salmon and no affect on commercial fisheries in Bristol Bay.

The mine is not at the headwaters of Bristol Bay — as is often wrongly portrayed in photographs. It's 230 miles away by river, or 100 miles by air, from Bristol Bay, and only touches three very small tributaries at the uppermost reaches, of the more than 50,000 tributaries. Nor are the tailings toxic, as sometimes claimed; rather, they are natural byproducts that will be kept in a lined facility before being returned to the earth after closure. They present no failure risk or threat to downstream habitat.
Pebble is not the largest mine in Alaska, and its footprint (5.3 square miles) is a minuscule 0.013% of the entire Bristol Bay area.
It is also on state land that Alaska specifically set aside for natural resource development.

As a normal established part of the EIS and permitting process, the Pebble Mine project had submitted comprehensive draft mitigation and compensatory mitigation plans for minimizing and avoiding impacts to wetlands, air, wildlife and aquatic habitat, areas of cultural significance and local use, and restoring areas temporarily impacted by mining activities. These proposed mitigation plans were incorporated into Pebble Mine's project design and application and were discussed in the Army Corps's final EIS, outlined in Table 5-2, pages 6–52.

As is part of the permitting process, after an EIS is issued and the project is moving forward, a final mitigation plan is submitted for the potentially impacted areas identified in the Army Corps's EIS. The Army Corps determined that the project would have no real environmental impact on salmon or commercial fisheries and identified 2,825 acres of wetlands and 55.5 miles of streams for Pebble to include in its final mitigation plan. It sent a routine letter to that effect on August 20. The Pebble Limited Partnership had already planned to preserve wetlands several times larger than what might be disturbed.

To put these nearly 3,000 acres into perspective, they represent 0.0017% of Alaska's wetlands. Alaska's wetlands are incredibly vast and cover about 43% of the surface of the entire state.
The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation's Alaska Wetland Program Plan for sustainably managing wetlands states that Alaska's wetlands cover about 174 million acres. No rational person would believe that an area 0.0017% this size (that will be mitigated, too) will have "devastating environmental impacts." Nor is there any science to support such a fear.
But environmental activists, and now billionaires with political connections, want us to believe just that. They've joined forces with media to pressure President Trump to ignore science and decades of research and public input and bypass the regulatory process to block the mine. Politico, Bloomberg, and countless other news outlets have suddenly all come out with stories proclaiming the demise of the Pebble Mine project, claiming that the president will pre-emptively block it and that the Army Corps of Engineers is holding up the project for years.

The Daily Signal similarly misrepresented the Pebble Mine permitting process while ignoring facts and giving the false impression that the project lacked objective scientific analysis and reviews or public input. It even echoed media stories falsely insinuating that the Army Corps was biased and failed to follow established regulatory processes. In truth, this process began decades ago with over 15 years of environmental research. Using data compiled from 2004 and 2008, for example, the Pebble Environmental Baseline Document analyzed the physical, biological, and social environments of potentially impacted mine areas within the Bristol Bay and Cook Inlet regions, including hydrology, fish, wildlife, seismic, and wetland examinations. It was written by third-party independent authors, more than 40 of the most widely recognized and respected independent research firms, and included over 100 scientific experts, engineering groups, laboratories, and others with specific areas of expertise and Alaskan experience. The document is approximately 20,000 pages, with 53 chapters plus appendices and updates.

It is one of the most comprehensive environmental studies ever done for a natural resource project in Alaska.

Why should the Pebble Mine project concern each and every American? National security is one reason.

Right now, the United States is completely reliant on foreign countries for twenty critically needed minerals, including rare earth elements. Our reliance on foreign mineral imports has increased 250% in just the past 60 years, according to the USGS National Minerals Information Center.
Over a third of the copper we need is imported, for example, and it's essential for electrical wiring, cables, electronic devices, motors, telecommunications, microwaves, and most everything we use in modern life. The average single-family home in North America uses over 439 pound of copper, and our need for copper is expected to increase with the growth of green energies, which rely heavily on copper.
Currently, the U.S. imports over $37.6 billion a month in copper alone from China, according to Trade Economics.
Pebble Mine is one of the largest reserves of minerals and copper discovered in the world. It also holds billions of pounds of molybdenum, gold, silver, palladium, rhenium, and other critical metallic minerals such as pyrite, chalcopyrite, molybdenite, bornite, covellite, chalcocite, digenite, and magnetite.

Those who've followed the Pebble Mine project over these past decades recognize how environmentally sound, socially responsible, and economically viable it is. Whether President Trump will follow politics or science is yet to be seen.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _mine.html
Droopymaes liked last!

Deelnemen aan het forum + meer functies?

Discussieer met duizenden beleggers, minder
advertenties, ideaal voor smartphone, betere
gebruikservaring en gratis abonneren op favoriete
onderwerpen. Registreer binnen 1 minuut!

Plaats reactie