Umicore

Beleggen in aandelen beurs Brussel, BEL 20, lokale fondsen, etc.
Plaats reactie
FF2170
Forum gebruiker
Forum gebruiker
waarderingen: 35

Re: Umicore

Berichtdoor FF2170 » 12 Jan 2018 20:06

Not the article, but the comments. I have been talking to myself for 4 months, so I came here last week.

Jojo
Premiummember
Premiummember
waarderingen: 148

Berichtdoor Jojo » 12 Jan 2018 20:08

FF2170 schreef:Not the article, but the comments. I have been talking to myself for 4 months, so I came here last week.

The article is from 2016 :shock: :P :ugeek:
Gilead Ageas Genmab ASMI Sphere3D GSK CFEB LBrands Melexis Umicore Euronav Nordex Solvay Grandvision Biocartis AXA Befimmo AHDelh ABInbev TCON ACIU BMW RioTinto

FF2170
Forum gebruiker
Forum gebruiker

Berichtdoor FF2170 » 12 Jan 2018 20:18

Umi: as you can see, Jojo got on. So, try deleting your account on SA, then sign up one more time with my instructions above. Might want to use the Chrome browser as well to avoid other issues.

FF2170
Forum gebruiker
Forum gebruiker

Berichtdoor FF2170 » 12 Jan 2018 20:30

Umi schreef:
FF2170 schreef:words like this ...

if someone were to ask me what is the Umicore story.

I would say: it has 20% of the NMC cathodes business worldwide. the TAM is pretty ridiculous

I think that pretty much sums it up.

that was not 1/2 page of words. but the Umicore story is really that simple. Sort of.

20% of cathode business WW? I think they have +- 30% at this moment.
Some analysts think they can get up tot 60% marketshare. They grow faster then the market!

btw, Umicore is much more than that imo. Their recycling business doesn't have it's equal...
Recycling of NMC-batteries will be a growth driver from +- 2025...
& Catalysis will still grow for at least 10 years. (tighter regulations & heavy duty will grow significantly)

but off course RBM will be the biggest growth driver by far!

umi: please show us data that shows they have 30% of the NMC cathodes market. Links would be appreciated.

FF2170
Forum gebruiker
Forum gebruiker

Berichtdoor FF2170 » 13 Jan 2018 00:03

This new article dated Jan 10 2018 on SA talks about vanadium and Advanced Metallurgical Group (AMS:AMG)

https://seekingalpha.com/article/413644 ... ical-group

Umi
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan
waarderingen: 493

Berichtdoor Umi » 14 Jan 2018 20:59

FF2170 schreef:
umi: please show us data that shows they have 30% of the NMC cathodes market. Links would be appreciated.

Not sure where I got it from. I'l look for it, maybe an analist said that during a conference call or something.

ps I managed to read the article & comments on my SA-app. Strange that it works overthere.
I've read the AMG article last week (that worked on my laptop), but in my opinion it was a bit incomplete.

oh, you made a comment about the shares split... They did that because there were 2 voting rights per share, now its 1vote per share.

FF2170
Forum gebruiker
Forum gebruiker

Berichtdoor FF2170 » 14 Jan 2018 21:33

Can you fill me in on the change from two classes of voting rights to one? What was the background? What was it before and what is it now? How did this come about, if you know?

I hope no more splits, it's definitely not good for investors or traders (it's only good for brokers and market makers). Splitting shares was something fashionable in the USA about 30 years ago. Generally American management don't do that anymore. Now it's more fashionable (prestigious) to have 3 or 4 digit stocks (e.g. AMZN, FB). Transaction costs are much lower when trading high price stocks vs. low price stocks (mostly because of the spread, of bid and ask)

I hope someone will communicate this to Umicore's management so they don't do this again.

(From your computer, if you remove all the cookies, you may be able to read SA for free again. Before you do that, try deleting your SA account first, then create it again. Use Chrome.)

Umi
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan

Berichtdoor Umi » 14 Jan 2018 22:13

FF2170 schreef:Can you fill me in on the change from two classes of voting rights to one? What was the background? What was it before and what is it now? How did this come about, if you know?

I hope no more splits, it's definitely not good for investors or traders (it's only good for brokers and market makers). Splitting shares was something fashionable in the USA about 30 years ago. Generally American management don't do that anymore. Now it's more fashionable (prestigious) to have 3 or 4 digit stocks (e.g. AMZN, FB). Transaction costs are much lower when trading high price stocks vs. low price stocks (mostly because of the spread, of bid and ask)

I hope someone will communicate this to Umicore's management so they don't do this again.

(From your computer, if you remove all the cookies, you may be able to read SA for free again. Before you do that, try deleting your SA account first, then create it again. Use Chrome.)

http://www.umicore.com/storage/main/201 ... ionsen.pdf
http://www.umicore.com/storage/main/201 ... pliten.pdf

They did a stock split (x5) in 2008 (if I remember correct), but I don't expect a new split in the coming years.
In Belgium transaction costs are calculated on the total value of the acquired shares, not on the amount of shares acquired.
e.g. € 7,5 transaction costs for a total value till € 2500, € 12,5 till €5000 etc.
The spread is irrelevant for a long term investor...

Umi
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan

Berichtdoor Umi » 14 Jan 2018 22:17

http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/transport ... og/9891786
In this article they speak about 30% marketshare in NMC.

Algemeen wordt aangenomen dat Umicore met een marktaandeel van circa 30 procent marktleider is op het vlak van NMC-legeringen en er dus ‘heel veel auto’s’ met Umicore-grondstoffen rondrijden.

But no reference or source for it...

edit; not sure if you read this article yet? Should be fine with Goolge translate.
http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/milieu-en ... 20/9918747

Umi
Forum veteraan
Forum veteraan

Berichtdoor Umi » 14 Jan 2018 23:42

Here's the full story in connection with the stock split

https://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/grondsto ... me/9942483